Implementation of this Strategic Plan will be guided by the following strategic objectives:
- Ensure full development and implementation of existing and additional modules and functionalities as envisioned in IFMIS Strategic Plan (2013-2018);
- Provide a framework to guide completion of the IFMIS roll out to the County Governments;
- Provide a framework for increasing IFMIS awareness to all stakeholders;
- Provide a framework for training and capacity building of government officers to enable effective use of the IFMIS system;
- Ensure seamless integration or interfacing of IFMIS with other relevant financial management sub-systems including Central Bank of Kenya and Kenya Revenue Authority systems, among other stand-alone systems;
- Increase capacity of the IFMIS core team in terms of skills and numbers to provide effective support to IFMIS operations both at National and County level; and
- Ensure sustainability of the IFMIS system in driving the PFM agenda through adoption of continuous improvement, knowledge transfer, business continuity management and proper governance mechanisms.