Revenue to Cash (R2C)
Aimed at providing functionalities for collection, recording and classification and reporting of revenues. It also facilitates timely reconciliation of bank accounts.
This translates to the automation of the following core processes within Government:
- Recording and reporting for revenues collected by Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Collection, recording and reporting for revenues collected directly by MDAs, Counties, among other sources;
- Recording and reporting for funds disbursed to National and County Governments;
- Auto bank reconciliations; and
Cash flow management in terms of cash forecasting and cash positioning.
The Revenue to Cash component is executed through the following modules within the core IFMIS system:
- Accounts Receivable (AR) – Recording of revenues; and
- Cash Management Module (CM) – Bank reconciliations and cash flow forecasting.
This has ushered in a new era of a fully automated procurement process, from requisition, tendering, contract award, to payment. The shift from manual to e-procurement makes public procurement more efficient and effective. It also enhances visibility and accountability at all levels of the procurement process, for the benefit of all Kenyans.