| Mr. Alfred Cheruiyot-Principal Secretary Post Training and Skills Development
An accomplished Senior Executive with significant exposure and expertise in the following areas: enterprise management, driving business development, revenue generation within start-ups operating in a dynamic environment. Possess solid management skills with extensive experience in ICT systems, which require deep understanding of critical business drivers in multiple markets and industries; highly successful in building relationships with upper-level decision makers, seizing control of critical problem areas, and delivering on customer commitments.
- Date of Birth –1968
- Nationality - Kenyan
- Place of Birth – Kericho
- Marital Status – Married with three children
- Results driven
- Strategic focus in Operations Management, promoting Business growth and entrepreneurship.
- Astute Leadership and Managerial skills.
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - works well with others, motivates and encourages.
- Emotionally mature; calming and positive temperament; tolerant and understanding.
- Self-Starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Proficient in ICT - qualified Oracle Database Administrator (ODA) and in system programming using languages such as c++ and Informix.
Cerberus Solutions Limited 2008 to Date
Cerberus Solutions Limited is an Information Technology consulting firm focusing on enabling organizations in Africa to adopt ICT solutions. Cerberus is a Certified SAS Partner and an Oracle Certified Gold Partner formed by group of consultants who have over 10 years of experience in Oracle & SAS solutions. Our solutions and services cut across various industries such as Finance, Insurance, Telco, Health, Retail, Education, Airline, Media, and Energy with in-depth industry knowledge. Cerberus brings a winning edge to our customers at lower Total Cost of Ownership.
As anExecutive Director – I provide the vision for the organization and the strategic direction.
- Kenya Airways –(Nov 2014) Oracle Workflow and E-business suite installation and training.
- Equity Bank – (Sep 2014) ORACLE, Service oriented architecture (SOA) governance framework, Upgrade of E-business suite, Enterprise architectural roadmap.
- Kenya Seed–(April 2014 to date) Upgrade and support of Oracle database.
- MTN–(Feb 2016) Supply, installation and support of E-procurement system.
- KenGen –(2017 to 2020) Renewal and support of oracle environment.
Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) formerly CCK 2005 to 2007
Senior ICT Manager
The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) is responsible for the development and implementation of policies and strategies with respect to telecommunications services in Kenya.
- Registered CCK domain Name Service (DNS) – cck.go.ke
- Created a website for the then Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK).
- Designed and implemented a software system for billing frequency users.
- Installing a Finance and HR management system.
- Installing a Library System.
My main duties and as the Head of Information Technologyinclude;
- Leadership - Heading the team, which formulated the regulatory policies aimed at promoting the development of ICT in the country.
- Licensing - Member of the telecommunications licensing committee which comprised members of the Commission and those from Security and Intelligent agencies and whose role was to analyze impact of the various license on the country’s economy and security.
- Responsible for the development and promotion of ICT projects in the country through Private Public Partnership (PPP). Among the projects accomplished through PPP was the setup of the Kenya Network Information Center (KENIC), Kenya Education Network (KENET). Establishment of 16school-based ICT Centers spanning the eight provinces of the country, four Tele-centers and eight centers for persons with disabilities.
- Responsible for the collation, management and production of licensed operator’s data on a continuous basis for the purposes of monitoring their performance and enforcement of license conditions to ensure that they discharge the obligations as stipulated in their respective licenses.
- Strategic Management - development of IT strategic plan and implementation for the Commission
Head of Information Technology1999 to 2005
- Tasked with putting in place systems that were critical to the Commission in discharging its mandate at inception.
- Identifying, procuring and installing the appropriate hardware and software that would form the platform for running the Commission’s system applications.
- I worked in conjunction with frequency management department to prepare specifications for a Frequency Spectrum Management system.
- Established a database system (Library) for recording and storing all broadcasts made by radio and Television stations in the country. This is important for monitoring of broadcasting to ensure they are within the regulations.
Kenya Posts and Telecommunications Corporation1997 to 1999
Kenya Posts and Telecommunications Corporation (KPTC) was a government company that provided telecommunication and postal services across Kenya. In 1999, the KPTC was separated into three separate entities - Telekoms Kenya, Kenya Postal Corporation and the Communication Commission of Kenya, (CCK) the licensing and regulatory authority of the government.
- Ensured the timely and efficient monthly billing of Telex, Radio call and KenStream customers as well as identifying areas for improvement in customer billing.
- Implemented Cash Receipting Information System (CRIS) for receipt and quick dispatch of payment data for timely use in billing.
- Developedan automated system for new telephone line allocation.
- Developed a transport management system.
Senior Systems Analyst 1994 – 1997
- Responsible for data processing for billing
- Maintenance of software programs for billing
- Debugged the software programs in case there billing errors or program malfunctioning
- System administration
- Network Administration
Systems Analyst 1992 – 1994 Key
- Worked as a billing systems analyst in the IT department.
- Design and development of programs for various systems.
- Coded programs for automation of Telex billing.
- Implementing program changes through coding on the various billing programs.
- Undertook any programing work as was assigned from time-to-time.
Management Trainee1991 – 1992
- As a management trainee, I undertook the company’s management training for a period of nine months at the KP&T training institute in Mbagathi.
- Member of the Computer Society of Kenya
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Oracle Certified
- MBA (Strategic Management), Moi University 2005-2006
- Bachelor of Science, Kenyatta University, 1988 – 1991
- Diploma in regulatory and privatization in telecommunications, USTTI, USA 1998 – 1999
- Attended Extensive training in Information Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Patron- Kabartegan Sweetwater water supply project – Bureti, Kericho county - The project is aimed at providing clean pipe water for community. The project is financed by the members and already the a land for installation of the tank has been acquired. County government has promised to join in funding the project.
- Chairman of Building project committee- Kabartegan Happy Church; the project is already completed and the church is in use.
- Sports & Travelling
|Mr Charles Njoroge|
EAC Deputy Secretary General in charge of Political Federation
- David Kemei,
Chairman, Kenya Reinsurance Corporation;
Tel: (20) 2202000
- Dr Ken Koech,
Doctor, Kenyatta National Hospital,
Mobile: 0722788251 / Tel: (20) 4243000